|Z's Thai Meatball Soup|
1/2 pound grass fed ground sirloin (expensive but worth it. look/taste different, used to prefer regular super lean ground sirloin in burger BUT HEALTH FIRST- grass fed agrees with me, yay for STARCH FREE COWS:).. (do some reading on reasons/benefits grass fed cows are better for your health..really interesting)
2 large eggs
fresh mint leaves (about 20-30 torn or chopped)
3-4 Tablespoons FRESH oregano leaves
3-4 Tablespoons green onions (chopped or torn)
Fresh squeezed juice from one large organic lemon (no pulp)
2 Tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil
1/4 cup raw coconut flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
4-6 cups UNSWEETENED coconut milk (used So Delicous unsweetened coconut milk for this soup because it's perfect watery consistency.. (side note: prefer Taste The Dream Coconut Dream for drinking because taste! & more calcium per serving:)
1) Mix eggs, salt, & oregano leaves in large bowl.
2) Add meat to mixture & mix VERY well so consistency is uniform. (may want to use a mixer, or use fork).
3) Add coconut flour to meat mixture & mix VERY well so consistency is uniform.
4) Take small pieces of meat mixture & make little meatballs, rolling between your hands. Set on plate.
5) Take large fry pan & melt the 2 Tbsp coconut oil, add meatballs & cook them, stirring often. Takes a little while..I cook them on a medium to medium high heat..I'll cover them with lid for a bit a couple times throughout cooking..rest of time leave uncovered.
6) Once meatballs are cooked, add the coconut milk, green onions, lemon juice, & mint leaves to the mixture, gently mixing everything together. Wait a few minutes, then serve.
7) Salt more as desired in pan &/or once served to taste. Enjoy!