Saturday, August 27, 2011
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
1) Brown 1/2 pound (or lil more) of grass fed beef & chopped green onions (about half a bunch or more) & remove from heat once fully cooked.
2) Blend 3 eggs, 2 Tablespoons melted extra virgin coconut oil, generous 1/2 teaspoon salt in big bowl.
3) Add 4 Tablespoons of coconut flour to bowl & MIX VERY WELL, so it's pretty smooth.
4) Add 2-3 ripe chopped (gutted) tomatoes, a cup or two of cooked/boiled broccoli (drained well!) torn into small pieces, & the meat mixture to the big bowl.
note: may substitute or omit tomato/broccoli..other ideas, cooked spinach, artichoke, fresh sage or oregano..)
5) Mix all ingredients together well.
6) Either grease cupcake pan (12 holders preferably) with ghee, or put 12 cupcake liners in cupcake holders.
7) Spoon the mixture evenly into cupcake holders...I think they will be ~3/4 of way full on each one, maybe more?..
8) Bake in oven for about 20 minutes at 350. If needs to go longer, lower to 300..
9) Let cool completely, as this makes it much easier to peel the beefcakes without having to scrape off stuck parts..still peel slowly.. same if you just cooked directly in cupcake pan.. that way when try to cut/remove will be easier..
Note: other ideas for the beefcakes include serving them with chopped lettuce/salad and lil mayo.. may want to add cheese, melted or not.. or maybe unsweetened coconut shreds..
Posted by Gluten Free Kitchen at 8:59 AM