Saturday, August 27, 2011
Z's HOMEMADE SOUP
1) Mix 4 eggs, 1 teaspoon salt, & 1/2 cup of coconut flour together. Mix very well!
2) Add one pound of ground WHITE TURKEY BREAST meat to mixture & mix very well!
3) Form small 'meatballs' from the mixture.
4) Cook the meatballs in 5 Tablespoons of extra virgin coconut oil. I use a large stainless steel pan. Gently stir them often, turning when necessary. (Turkey seems to crumble more than beef).. Cover the pan at intervals. Remove from heat once fully cooked.
5) In large pan, heat a 27 oz can of PURE CHICKEN BROTH. (much better than turkey or beef broth).. It took me awhile to find literally pure chicken broth where chicken broth is the only ingredient listed. I found a can of Bowman & Landes at Mustard Seed Market.
6) Add washed chopped green onions (about half a bunch) and the juice from one large organic lemon to the broth. Add himalayan sea salt to the broth to taste. I like a lot.
7) Add meatballs to the soup and serve. Try like this first but you will more than likely want to add lots of nonfat PLAIN greek YOGURT(I love Chobani) (no starch) in the soup...it's sooooo good;)
Posted by Gluten Free Kitchen at 10:27 AM