Monday, August 1, 2011
Z's SHORTBREAD CRACKERS
2) Add pure vanilla extract. Mix well. Add coconut flour & mix VERY VERY well.
3) Gently press together into one large piece of dough. Batter consistency may seem a bit like dry plato.
4) Set first piece of parchment paper on secure surface. (I set mine on large wooden cutting board)
5) Place dough on parchment paper, place second sheet of parchment paper on top of dough.
6) Take rolling pin & roll over parchment paper/dough flattening it out evenly thin like crackers, alternating vertical & horizontal rolling. Check dough, fix any broken edges re-rolling if necessary.
7) Remove top sheet parchment paper. Take knife or pizza roller & gently slice the dough into cracker squares. (I think I cut mine into 20 crackers..5 slices across, 4 slices down..)
8) Place parchment paper that has crackers directly onto baking sheet & put in preheated oven. (325 F)
9) Bake 7-9 minutes. Let cool about one hour. Gently break apart at lines into crackers. Put in freezer in container & wait a few hours. Enjoy! (Feel free to skip the freezing part, I just think they taste better this way- so good! and they don't truly freeze even if left in for days..& they keep longer too if you want to make big batches..)
Note: These are a satisfying yummy snack, & also GREAT for a dessert- just add partially melted frozen or fresh fruit to bits of the crackers.. I'll post a pic of Z's MIXED BERRY SHORTCAKE soon:)
Posted by Gluten Free Kitchen at 2:56 PM