Saturday, August 27, 2011
Z's COCONUT GEMS
1) In medium bowl mix together 3 Tablespoons coconut flour, 3 Tablespoons golden flaxseed meal, & 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut shreds.
2) Melt 2 Tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil. Add 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract to oil.
3) Add oil to mixture & combine. Stir very well.
4) Add desired amount of dried cranberries (prefer dried cranberries sweetened with apple juice) to the mixture. One big handful? Mix well.
5) Lay out piece of parchment paper on counter. (medium sized)
6) With hands, firmly roll/mash mixture into cookie shapes. Helps to make it round in your hand first, then smash on the parchment paper. It's a little tricky, but just get them into fairly solid shapes on the parchment paper.
7) Carefully lay parchment paper on large enough freezer safe plate for all the cookies.
8) FREEZE the cookies for a couple hours, & keep stored in freezer.
NOTE: THE COOKIES TASTE TOTALLY DIFFERENT ONCE FROZEN- they are not really good before they freeze for some reason.
Posted by Gluten Free Kitchen at 11:02 AM