|Z's Raz-Blue Bread Pie|
6 Tablespoons raw coconut flour (pure unsweetened) (used coconut secret brand)
3 large eggs
1/4 cup organic ghee (used purity farms) melted
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup fresh raspberries (more or less as desired)
1/2 cup fresh blueberries (more or less as desired)
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease 9.5 inch glass pie dish with dab of ghee.
(Add all ingredients except fruit in food processor if it's easier for you than mixing by hand.)
1) Beat eggs and salt together well in medium to large bowl.
2) Add melted ghee and mix well.
2) Add coconut flour and mix very well.
3) Add fresh fruit gently folding in and mixing.
4) Pour/scoop mixture into greased pie dish pressing down to cover all areas evenly.
5) Bake in preheated oven for 14-17 minutes.
6) Let cool at least 20 minutes. Tastes great warm, room temp, or cold!
NOTE: I've made FRENCH TOAST from this the next day- just cut into slices, dip in beaten egg mixture and fry up in pan- YUM. I've done it with cinnamon, but I'm currently trying to stop all spices re: starch... Also using unsweetened coconut milk as syrup is good.. and I've even soaked the 'bread' in coconut milk and left it overnight and the next day it tastes like an amazing sponge cake:)
Oh! One more thing... I think when sugar gets cooked (with butter etc..?) it can be a problem for some.. (in this case the natural sugar coming from the fresh fruit).. if so, just don't add the fruit to the mixture to bake.. Instead maybe puree it in food processor into a jam like spread and put it on the bread pie once cooled and you're ready to eat..